[opendmarc-users] opendmarc compile problem only on EL6

Scott Kitterman sklist at kitterman.com
Mon Apr 11 13:11:40 PDT 2016

On Monday, April 11, 2016 12:47:45 PM Steve Jenkins wrote:
> Experimenting with some opendmarc builds today with the four patches
> Andreas uses. I can get it to compile on F22, F23, F24, F25 (rawhide), EL5,
> and EL7.... all with the same spec file.
>
> But EL6 chokes:
>
> https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=13627167
>
> Seems to be related to opendmarc_dns.c -- which is one of the files being
> patched by the ticket115.patch (see build.log on above link):
>
> opendmarc_dns.c: In function 'dmarc_dns_get_record':
> opendmarc_dns.c:319: error: 'answerlen' undeclared (first use in this
> function) opendmarc_dns.c:319: error: (Each undeclared identifier is
> reported only once opendmarc_dns.c:319: error: for each function it appears
> in.)
>
> I'm not a C programmer, so can anyone see anything that might be
> making the compiler on EL6 choke? I'm including Scott K on this,
> because it's his patch and he might be able to suggest a tweak to make
> it work.

No need to CC me as I'm subscribed.

I'm not a C programmer either, so caveats apply.

The only use of answerlen is the one that causes the build failure:

#ifdef T_RRSIG
                else if (type == T_RRSIG)
                {
                        GETSHORT(answerlen, cur_ptr);
                        cur_ptr += answerlen;
                }
#endif /* T_RRSIG */

I don't get it on Debian, so maybe there's a different option enabled, but I
didn't figure out what.  I checked, and no where in opendmarc is answerlen
defined, so I think the error is correct.  I do not that answer_len is both
defined and used, so maybe that's what it's supposed to be there.

Scott K