[opendmarc-users] opendmarc compile problem only on EL6

Steve Jenkins steve at stevejenkins.com
Mon Apr 11 12:47:45 PDT 2016

Experimenting with some opendmarc builds today with the four patches
Andreas uses. I can get it to compile on F22, F23, F24, F25 (rawhide), EL5,
and EL7.... all with the same spec file.

But EL6 chokes:

https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=13627167

Seems to be related to opendmarc_dns.c -- which is one of the files being
patched by the ticket115.patch (see build.log on above link):

opendmarc_dns.c: In function 'dmarc_dns_get_record':
opendmarc_dns.c:319: error: 'answerlen' undeclared (first use in this function)
opendmarc_dns.c:319: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
opendmarc_dns.c:319: error: for each function it appears in.)

I'm not a C programmer, so can anyone see anything that might be
making the compiler on EL6 choke? I'm including Scott K on this,
because it's his patch and he might be able to suggest a tweak to make
it work.

Thanks!

SJ