[opendmarc-users] opendmarc not detecting SMTP auth

Dan Mahoney, System Admin danm at prime.gushi.org
Mon Sep 8 23:42:16 PDT 2014

On Mon, 8 Sep 2014, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:

> On Wed, 3 Sep 2014, Dan Mahoney, System Admin wrote:
>>> You could confirm that the macro is being set and sent to the filter using
>>> either milter debugging (opendmarc's MilterDebug setting) and/or
>>> sendmail's Milter.LogLevel setting.
>>
>> What would I set this to?  I had tried "10" and the milter logged nothing
>> more than previous to my /var/log/all.log (which has *.* in syslog.conf).
>
> That's a good question.  A grep of sendmail's source code suggests 22 is the
> highest value that's interesting, and the resulting information does go to
> syslog at LOG_INFO level.

Aah, I had turned it up to 10 on the milter side, and got no logging other
than what I already got.  I'd rather not get the verbosity of EVERYTHING
sendmail has to offer if I can just have the milter log what's relevant
(it's on a different, less busy machine than my main mail server).

Am I misunderstanding how this works?

-Dan