[opendmarc-users] Can I tell why a specific message failed?

Dan Mahoney, System Admin danm at prime.gushi.org
Wed Sep 3 22:43:28 PDT 2014

On Wed, 3 Sep 2014, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Aug 2014, Dan Mahoney, System Admin wrote:
>> I have a situation where both SPF and DKIM have passed, but OpenDMARC is
>> reporting a failure:  (I've disabled rejections after this)
>>
>> I'm seeing this from Amazon:
>>
>> [...]
>>        reason="1024-bit key; unprotected key"
>>        header.d=amazonses.com header.i=@amazonses.com header.b=IILVBN7v;
>>        dkim-adsp=pass
>>
>> Any ideas?
>
> My guess is that opendmarc doesn't know it should be consuming
> prime.gushi.org's Authentication-Results fields.  The DKIM result gets
> ignored anyway because it's unaligned, btu the SPF result should be working.
>
> When the service starts, it will log the list of trusted authentication
> services.  Is prime.gushi.org in that list?

Sep  4 05:38:52 quark-vm opendmarc[88059]: OpenDMARC Filter v1.3.0
starting (args: -l -P /var/run/opendmarc/opendmarc.pid -c
/usr/local/etc/mail/opendmarc.conf -p inet:8893 at quark -u mailnull)
Sep  4 05:38:52 quark-vm opendmarc[88059]: trusted authentication
services: quark.gushi.org, prime.gushi.org

Yup.

-Dan

--

"Of course she's gonna be upset!  You're dealing with a woman here Dan,
what the hell's wrong with you?"

-S. Kennedy, 11/11/01