[opendmarc-users] Can I tell why a specific message failed?

Murray S. Kucherawy msk at blackops.org
Wed Sep 3 22:11:56 PDT 2014

On Tue, 26 Aug 2014, Dan Mahoney, System Admin wrote:
> I have a situation where both SPF and DKIM have passed, but OpenDMARC is
> reporting a failure:  (I've disabled rejections after this)
>
> I'm seeing this from Amazon:
>
> [...]
>        reason="1024-bit key; unprotected key"
>        header.d=amazonses.com header.i=@amazonses.com header.b=IILVBN7v;
>        dkim-adsp=pass
>
> Any ideas?

My guess is that opendmarc doesn't know it should be consuming
prime.gushi.org's Authentication-Results fields.  The DKIM result gets
ignored anyway because it's unaligned, btu the SPF result should be
working.

When the service starts, it will log the list of trusted authentication
services.  Is prime.gushi.org in that list?

-MSK