[opendmarc-users] Can I tell why a specific message failed?

Murray S. Kucherawy msk at blackops.org
Wed Sep 3 22:49:05 PDT 2014

On Wed, 3 Sep 2014, Dan Mahoney, System Admin wrote:
>> When the service starts, it will log the list of trusted authentication
>> services.  Is prime.gushi.org in that list?
>
> Sep  4 05:38:52 quark-vm opendmarc[88059]: OpenDMARC Filter v1.3.0 starting
> (args: -l -P /var/run/opendmarc/opendmarc.pid -c
> /usr/local/etc/mail/opendmarc.conf -p inet:8893 at quark -u mailnull)
> Sep  4 05:38:52 quark-vm opendmarc[88059]: trusted authentication services:
> quark.gushi.org, prime.gushi.org
>
> Yup.

OK, then the only other thing I can think of is the "smtp.mfrom" thing
mentioned separately.

No matter how you slice it, that's my fault; the original
Authentication-Results specification (RFC5451) wasn't clear on how the
stuff after "smtp." was supposed to be formed, and it appears that in
sid-milter I went one way while everywhere else I went the other.
RFC7001 fixed the specification ambiguity, but only after sid-milter had
become abandonware.

It sounds like you've switched to one of the built-in solutions, so this
is all academic at this point anyway.  :-)

-MSK