[opendmarc-users] IgnoreAuthenticatedClients does not seem to work properly for me

Andrew J. Schorr aschorr at telemetry-investments.com
Thu Sep 11 20:11:23 PDT 2014

Hi,

I am using postfix 2.11 + smf-spf 2.0.2 + opendkim 2.9.0 + opendmarc 1.3.0.  In
/etc/opendmarc.conf, I have "IgnoreAuthenticatedClients true".  But when I send
an email from an authenticated client (i.e. my smartphone), I see the following
behavior: smf-spf correctly does not insert a Received-SPF header; opendkim
signs the message as expected; but opendmarc inserts an Authentication-Results
header saying "dmarc=none".  This surprises me, since I expect DMARC to ignore
authenticated clients.  Am I misunderstanding the configuration, or is this a
bug in the code?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Andy