[opendmarc-users] OpenDMARC useless with Postfix

Andrew J. Schorr aschorr at telemetry-investments.com
Mon Sep 22 07:08:24 PDT 2014

Joachim Fahrner wrote:
> 3. "IgnoreAuthenticatedClients true" is not working because of this bug:
> http://sourceforge.net/p/opendmarc/tickets/103/

I think the best solution to this problem is not to pass authenticated
messages through the opendmarc milter. In /etc/postfix/main.cf, I have:

   # smf-spf + opendkim + opendmarc
   smtpd_milters = inet:localhost:8890, inet:localhost:8891, inet:localhost:8893
   # opendkim only (no need for smf-spf and opendmarc on internal messages)
   non_smtpd_milters = inet:localhost:8891

And in /etc/postfix/master.cf, I added "-o smtpd_milters=$non_smtpd_milters"
to the submission and smtps services.

That works around the bug and has the advantage of being more efficient.

Regards,
Andy