[opendmarc-dev] [opendmarc-announce] OpenDMARC 1.3.2 Beta cycle

Juri Haberland juri at sapienti-sat.org
Tue Jul 26 14:40:47 PDT 2016

On 19.07.2016 15:58, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:

>  	LIBOPENDMARC: Fix bug #165: Fix logic in checking which SPF
>  		identifier was used.  Patch from Marco Favero.

Looking at the diff of my tree and your "develop" tree I noticed that you
dropped one change from Marco's patch:

In line 166 of file libopendmarc/opendmarc_spf.c he changed:
"if (ret |= 0 || ..."
"if (ret != 0 || ..."

I'm pretty sure you don't want to check the outcome of a logical OR with
zero, which is a NOP IMHO, but you meant to check for being different from
zero.

Or as diff (yours versus Marco's):
> -       if (ret |= 0 || *used_mfrom == FALSE)
> +       if (ret != 0 || *used_mfrom == FALSE)

Cheers,
  Juri